This is a different version of normal fried rice; lower in fat, less processed meat and one that most kids love too because of the different colours. Also its easy to leave out the ingredients that they don’t like and add them in at the end for adults. This can be made healthier by using brown rice, but just use white if you cant get the kids to eat it like me!
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped (leave out if fructose intolerant)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten in a separate cup
- 1 tbsp spring onions (use green part only if fructose intolerant)
- ½ kilo chicken mince
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup peas
- 1 x red capsicum, diced into small pieces.
- 2 cups cooked rice (preferably brown, but white if you have to)
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cashews (or any nut) roughly crushed, and salted slightly
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 x chilli (optional)
- 1 x tsp brown sugar/rapadura/coconut/palm sugar (optional)
- Salt n pepper to season
In a large wok or fry pan, add olive oil, garlic, spring onions, chilli and fish sauce. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Add the chicken mince, lime and sugar and cook on a lower heat for 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked. Season with salt n pepper. Add red capsicum, corn and peas. Next add the cooked rice and soy sauce. Stir through the soy and rest of ingredients and cook for a further few minutes. Make a well in the middle of the rice, (a big hole in the middle of the pan) then add the lightly beaten eggs and gently scramble them for a minute or two. Continue to stir ingredients through, until all mixed and the rice is heated through. Garnish with cashews, chilli, coriander and bean sprouts. I dish out mine on two big lettuce leaves and then roll them up, but you don’t have to. I just find it helps with reducing the serving size, and the lettuce goes well with the fried rice.
2 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on mamabatesmotel.
Just cooked mamamegs Thai fried rice ….it was quick, easy and soooo tasty 😋