- 1 cup almonds or cashews
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (almond, peanut)
- Juice and rind of two oranges
- 1 cup coconut (1/2 cup for mixture and 1/2 cup to roll balls in)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 25 grams cacao or cocoa (3 tablespoons)
Process almonds, nut butter, oats and dates in a food processor and pulse until it resembles crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until all mixed through. Roll into small balls, then roll each ball in some extra shredded coconut, chia seeds or cacao.
*variations: add 2 tablespoons of orange marmalade for a more intense orange flavour. Leave out if avoiding refined sugars.