This is an easy to make and easy to digest curry paste which is only chilli, ginger, soy sauce, turmeric and kaffir lime leaves. Blitz it all up or roughly chop them before throwing them into a fry pan or crock pot. Add some chicken stock and coconut milk and its an easy, tasty, healthy curry.
- 1 x red chilli (more if you like it hot)
- 2 cm knob of ginger
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 heaped teaspoon turmeric (more if you love turmeric)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 heaped teaspoons of nut butter (see my nut butter recipe) or peanut butter
- 1/2 can coconut milk (I used the lite one but you can use the full fat one if you prefer)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 fillets of chicken thighs or breasts
- half a zucchini
- 1 x red capsicum
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup coriander.
In a thermomix or food processor blitz the chilli, ginger, turmeric and kaffir lime leaves together with a lil bit of olive oil until all blended into a paste. If you don’t have either of these, just chop up on a chopping board or bash about in a mortar and pestle. Add some olive oil to a fry pan or crock pot then add the chopped chicken thighs and the paste. Add half of the coconut milk, soy sauce, chicken stock and nut butter and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the capsicum, zucchini and let it cook for about another 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Add the rest of the coconut milk and spinach and cook for another couple of minutes. Garnish it with the coriander and some more chilli if you like it hot.