I went to a lovely 1st Birthday party on Sunday for the very special Charlee Rose and I heard some of the ladies there talking about this yummy broccoli salad. So I tasted it and it was awesome! The flavours all totally worked together, sweet, crunchy, and so healthy. I’ve modified it slightly to make it a bit healthier. The bonus is you can do it quickly in the thermomix or its super easy to make if you don’t have a food processor. I’m not posting a pic as the photos don’t do it justice!
- 2 heads of broccoli, approx 175 g ( you can have it raw but I blanched it for 2 minutes then ran under cold water)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (preferably toasted)
- 1/2 bunch chives or 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- salt n pepper to season
- 1 tsp rapadura or brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple cidar vinegar
- 2 tbsp mayo (either home made or bought)
- 2 tbsp feta (optional)
Cook the broccoli really quickly just for two minutes then run it under cold water. Add the walnuts. Chop for 5 seconds on Speed 4.5. Add all other ingredients (except feta) and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3 Reverse. Taste and see if it needs to be adjusted. Mix for another 5 seconds on speed 3 reverse. Place in a salad bowl and then crumble feta over it.
Cook the broccoli really quickly just for two minutes then run under cold water. Chop it up until little florets. Roughly chop the walnuts. Then add all other ingredients apart from the salad dressing and feta. Mix salad dressing in a little bowl or jar. Drizzle dressing over broccoli mixture then crumble the feta over it.